Monday, December 9, 2013

Every day is closer to Christmas.​..



Sometimes I think of things I want to write in my e-mail home...but if I don't write it down I forget it. And sadly I didn't write anything down this week.

We had some good success in tracking this week. We met some cool people. It is always better to find people through members. But I'm sometimes amazed at the people who let us into their homes. Its neat to see all the ways that the Lord uses to help us find those that are ready for the gospel.

It's been neat to hear from the members their experiences sharing the gospel. There are not a lot of members here but they are not afraid to talk about it with their friends. They inspire me. President Mema (district president) just went around to all the branches and did an activity where he challenged every one to bring someone to church (less active member or investigator) and got everyone excited about it. I love it when members are involved. They do so much good!

Christmas decorations are up! And oh how it feels me with glee! We have decorated our apartment thanks so some sweet decorations I got in my Christmas package (it was like Christmas in a box=the best!) BUT there are also lights and trees up all over the city. I love this time of year. Here, instead of calling them Christmas trees/decorations they are more for the new year.. So everything says Happy New Year! But nonetheless I am loving it. 

Today we went to Berat. It has been my dream to go to Berat and take pictures with the head. Before I came on my mission I remember looking at blogs of missionaries and I remember seeing said head and hoping that one day I would get to go there. Well, that day was today. (pictures included) We explored this sweet castle. It was way fun. 

My companion has never seen candy canes and I'm excited for her to try them when we take down the tree. It was fun to decorate a tree and the apartment with her, there are many things that are new to her. I'm excited to share some of my family traditions with her. 

I'm sure there are many things that I'm going to wish I would have talked about as soon as I send this e-mail but thats it for now. The church is true. This is the Lords work. Merry Christmas!

Peace and blessings!
Motra Curtis
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment