Sunday, February 23, 2014

Albania has been approved..​.First Stake in Albania!!

First things first. We got some exciting news. This past week we received a text at 6:15am from Tea (our member friend). She told us to call her. Which we did at 6:30 when we woke up. The Albania Tirana Stake has been approved!!! It will be made official at our March conference!! Can't wait! This is huge! I can't wait for these people to have the opportunity to receive patriarchal blessings.

Saturday we went running in the morning with Tea. It was really fun. It reminded me of all the mornings my sister and I would wake up early to go running with the sister missionaries in our branch. It also provided good motivation to get out and go running.

Valentines day was great. We got flowers from the cutest little girl named Ersa. We also got to teach the Law of Chasity, which, lets be honest, is the highlight to any missionary's Valentines day. My companion even secretly made a Mexican dinner because sometimes I still miss Mexican food. 

We wanted to find a new place that hadn't been tracked (Lushnje's pretty small...that can be hard sometimes) so we went up on this road we have never been. It was BEATIFUL. We felt like we had just walked into another world (like, Narnia).It was right at sunset on a nice warm day and people were out in their yards. We talked to people. Knocked on doors. Didn't get in anywhere, but not giving up hope. 

Last week everything seem to go just right. Lessons worked out, people wanted to learn. Everything just really seemed to work out. This week seemed to be quite the opposite. Lessons just seemed to fall through all over the place. Solid lessons couldn't even meet. 

The last day of the week. The last hour we were out we decided to track this building close to ours. We started at the top and didn't have any luck until the last door. They wanted to learn but were busy at the moment but asked if we could come back later. YES. We are praying so hard that they are the family we have been praying to teach.

Another day when all our lessons went through we called just about everyone on our phone. One of the less active members that usually doesn't answer, did! She agreed to meet later. We were waiting for them to come and we were about to call them when Tea (who was with us - like all weekend!) suggested that we say a prayer before we call them. We did. Waited a few minutes. They came. God answers prayers! Fact.

I love the Gospel. I love my Heavenly Father. I love Jesus Christ. I love this opportunity I have to be serving right here right now! The church is true!

Ju dua!
Motra Curtis
 
 

My companion secretly made me Mexican food on Valentines day because she knows how much I miss it!
 
We found our first fergon ever with seat belts! Did we wear them? Yes
Jumping pictures.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment