Monday, February 24, 2014

Opposition in all things

Without the hard weeks you wouldn't appreciate the good weeks. Last week was a hard week. Lots of good things happened. But lesson/investigator wise it was a pretty rough week. But that just made this week all the sweeter.

One of our investigators, Ana, was on a baptismal date but wasn't really keeping commitments. We went to have a heart to heart kind of lesson. We explained the importance of reading the Book of Mormon and coming to church and how it would bless her life. We tried to be a clear and direct as we could. She said she would (she had said she would in the past as well). We came back the next lesson. Something was different. We asked about her reading, she then went on to explain in great detail the first 15 chapters of 1st Nephi. It was neat to see how excited she was about it as she talked about it. 
We also had a woman show up at church and wanted to meet. (When does that ever happen???) She seems really neat and her daughter is awesome. We are really excited to be teaching them. 

Our golden family we found tracking was finally able to meet with us. They think they are too old to learn (they can't be older than mid-forties) we watched the restoration and testified of the Book of Mormon. We are praying that they read it and sincerely ask. They are such a neat family! Next lesson, we are planning to bring an older member that's a convert (well, lets be honest, every member here is a convert). Hope they let us come back!

I have trained twice and now both of my daughters are in my district. So we took a family pictures last district meeting. 

Lushnje sunsets are the best.

Sometimes my companion thinks I'm creepy because I take pictures of door mats. I submit that I am not.

I love being a missionary. I love teaching people about Christ's church. I love seeing the joy that people have as they read the scriptures and come to church. I love the joy I get from reading the scriptures and coming to church. Being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is one of my favorite blessings!

Peace and blessings!
Motra Curtis


P.s. I love my companion. Sometimes, when she peels an orange, she gives me half.

No comments:

Post a Comment