Monday, May 5, 2014

It was my birthday

 First let me tell you the beginning of a beautiful story. It began years ago when a Muslim woman bought a bible in curiosity and desire to know truth. She met 2 sister missionaries (thats us!) outside the church building because she saw Christ's name on the sign by which they were standing. The talked to them and they exhanged contact information. They were able to meet with her once but then she got busy. But she had a Book of Mormon and read from it. She has many questions about the bible she has been reading. She came to have a lesson at the church with the sister missionaries (and the senior sister missionary) and was intrigued by the building. She saw the people of Christ washing the diciples feet and loved it because she loves that story in the Bible. They had a powerful lesson on the family proclamation and the restoration. When she recieves a confirmation that this is the true chruch she wants to be baptized. When asked to say the closing prayer she thanked us for the priviledge. (Most don't want to pray because they don't want to say it in Christ's name). It was a beautiful prayer. And guess what? Her story is not over! I feel so lucky to get to be a small part of it.

There is a boy here that plays the drum for money in the downtown area. His name in Dino. Pretty cool, huh? The elders are teaching him so sometimes he is around the chruch. Sometimes he plays the drum while I beat box and it sounds pretty cool. Or at least I think so. He also tries to teach me to play his drum. That one will take some practice. But yeah, that's Dino the Drummer boy. He's a cool cat.

We met another neat lady on the park bench on my birthday. Her name is Lumturi which means happiness. She has a cute little 3 year old daughter and her 2nd daughter died when she was only 8 months old. We had to go but we are going to meet this week and I can't wait to tell her more about the Plan of Salvation...also called the plan of Happiness!

I had a happy birthday full of missionary work (we met with both the Lumturi and the Muslim woman :) AND Motra Jones made a delicious carrot cake!

P.s. Motra Jones is the bomb.com. Not just because she makes delicious food. Which she does. (We may or may not have had a delightful thanksgiving lunch after church yesterday...) Or because is willing to help us with any lesson at a moments notice (if she can). Which she also does. But Motra Jones is the bomb.com because of her powerful testimony. She lives her testimony. She shares her testimony. It. is. powerful. I never realized how needed, how powerful, how awesome senior couples are.

 I invite any and all that can serve a couples mission to prepare and do that as soon as they can. It will bless your life, the missionaries' lives that are serving around you, and most importantly the people of the area in which you are serving. The world needs more couple missionares. With so many missions being created most are being called to those areas. We are losing couples in our missions as no one is coming to replace those that are going home. Get your papers ready and come! (and maybe request the adriatic south mission...its a pretty great place). Okay, I'm off my soap box now.

Just a quick 'soap box' tangent. Motra Hawkins and I have definitely talked about getting a soap box and doing "soap box finding - Dan Jones style" during some of our weekly planning: "finding ideas" brain storms. Just trying to get creative.

Well I think this e-mail is long enough. I love you all. I know the Christ lives and that he is the Son of God. I know the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly. I believe the Book of Mormon to be another testament of Jesus Christ. I know this chruch is true. I know this is God's work. I know that I am a child of God.

Peace and blessing ya'll!
Motra Curtis

P.S. We had a SYL week this past week. (only speaking albanian all week...well, except we spoke english to only english speakers) It was pretty sweet. It's a lot easier than it used to be a year ago, but I've still got a ways to go. The elders helped us out by only speaking to us in Albanian. We tried applying gheg language differences. Its real interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment