Thursday, September 11, 2014

Strawberri​es the size of peas and tracking up a storm

Some things I remember about this week:

We handed out so many English flyers on Wednesday. We literally passed them out all day. We maybe all got a little sunburned...I wish I would have taken a picture of how many flyers we had. More than two thousand. Doing an English course is a great way to find people to teach. Sometimes I wonder what they do in English speaking missions...

Today we went to a village of one of our members. It was so fun! We sat on the ground around a little wooden table eating bread, cheese, and sausage with our hands. Life doesn't get much better than that. Then we showed us around area. He took us to pick strawberries. They were so little, about the size of a pea. BUT so GOOD! They tasted like candy. He lives a simple life full of contentment and happiness. He found the church by picking up one of our members who was walking to church. Basically, he's a boss. 

I've never tracked so much in my mission as I have here...but I've also never had so much fun tracking. You just never know who you are going to meet. There was one guy we met on the road who was really friendly and wanted our number. We gave him the elder's number. Well with how many people we talk to in the street we were bound to find where some of them live. And we found him. Ooops. You sure meet a wide range of peoples. We don't always get let in to teach right away, but usually when we do...they feed us a meal. Nuk e di. Crazy.

Some weeks you teach a lot of lessons. Some weeks you find a lot of people. Some weeks you pass out...a lot of English flyers. But no 2 weeks are the same. I'm grateful for that. I'm so grateful to be a missionary. It has been my dream to be a full time missionary for so long. Between my sister getting back from her mission a couple weeks ago and my companion going home next week I've thought about how fast a mission goes by. I am so grateful to be right here, right now doing missionary work. Its literally the best. What greater work is there than the Lord's work?

Ju dua!
Motra Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment